Thursday, October 1, 2015

It was August 6th 2012 and after 9 months of waiting it was time to meet my son and after spending the entire summer pregnant and at the end of term at that. We put up a pool that summer and while Haylee was pregnant we would sneak off after my two step sons went to bed and go for a dip up until a couple weeks before she was due it was too hard to get in and out then. We had to wake up early 4 am because at the time we lived in Aurora so it was a bit of a drive to Springfield to the hospital, Me and at the time 15 year old daughter Autum and Haylees mom was with us. Haylee had the tendency to have unusually huge babies for her small stature so she had my two stepsons by C section so Tristan was going to be the same. It was kinda neat seeing how this was procedure instead of a regular surprise birth they more less let us pick the day within a week of he due date so we chose my moms birthday seeing how it fit in this time frame and he ended being born 4 mins from the exact time my mom was born. The delivery was a somewhat of a violent process with a lot of tugging and pulling.  Let me tell you don't look over the curtain unless you want to see an autopsy of your wife. My son was finally here and oddly the one they thought was the largest of the babies was the smallest weighing in at 8pounds 15ounces was the runt of the babies which still is large baby. I was very proud of my wife, I could tell she tired and she had taken it like a champ and I learned that day how tough she was. My two sons and my daughter all held Tristan and my youngest step son being 3 at time insisted we put him back and it took some fierce negotiating to get him to understand. My children saved my life twice my daughter when I was 18 from my own self destruction and my son at 34 this time from losing all faith in humanity and to fix what I thought had been broken and was unrepairable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment