Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It was 2008 and I had bought a trailer with my now X wife Stacey. One night while working in the garage, Stacey had came into my shop with the phone and said Tristans cousin Forest was on the phone and need to talk to me. I hadn't talk to Tristan or Forest in 8 years, there was something in his voice that didn't sound right, he went on to tell me that Tristan had died. I don't think I had ever taken a loss so badly, I had never loss someone so sudden. I asked how he had died and was told he had been bitten by a pig-me rattlesnake and had went to the hospital and was sent home, but he did not respond to the anti venom like he should've and died at home with his wife and 3 kids. After this I located all mine and Tristans old friends to tell them the news and to keep more in touch with them, life is to short to take people for granted, I've learned this to many times. I felt bad for Tristans wife and kids so organized a party much like a wake and asked everyone to bring twenty dollars each to send to his wife to help in there troubled time. To this day I still talk to my old friends some who I've known for 30 years and with my current wife Haylee of 4 years had a son Tristan Jo named after my lost friend and my mother, he was born on my mothers birthday so I think there both smiling down us. 

1 comment:

  1. These are the most difficult lessons to learn, but, hopefully, they allow us to choose to live better. I am so sorry for this bad time for you. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete