Friday, September 11, 2015

It wasn't always sunshine and happy days growing up my favorite aunt and my two older cousins I adored where living with us off and on because of my uncle who was an abusive alcoholic, Being only 6 or 7 I didn't really understand the whole Dynamics of what was going on I remember one time my mother got a call that my uncle Ronny was beating on my aunt again, My mom was pissed so me my brothers and mom all piled in the car with bats and anything we could find to use as a weapon and luckily for everyone involved we passed my aunt driving on the street I guess this memory sticks in my head even as young as I was, I guess because of all the excitement and my mother who was a very gentle passive person getting so mad. But that was her sister and she would protect her at all cost. I always enjoyed my cousins coming over even if the situation wasn't ideal. I really looked up to them. My cousin Rhonda was beautiful and a very strong person who was very protective person especially of her family I mean being in an house with an abusive alcoholic would make you that way, I remember one time the neighbor kid I angered smashed my hand with a hammer and my nail came of immediately after going in the house showing Rhonda she went to the top floor of her rage level, I remember her talking to the kids mother who looked very concerned for her on self well being and there was language I had never heard before all I could think was how nice it was to have someone care so much for you that they would put themselves in harms way just to protect them but I would've done the same without pause. My cousin Rhonda's life was cut short at the age of 36 and the whole family was crushed but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment