Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It was 1990 and I was a 7th grader at Study elementary and I had been going to this school since kindergarten and had gotten a reputation of being a problem child. All the Faculty knew me very well so much I had to spend half my day in the basement with the screw up kids, it was kinda funny I was the only one that was in the wings program after school which was for kids with a high grade point average and in the screw up class as well. Most kids in that class their behavior sucked and they didn't do well academically. This is where I met this very strange kid who was very highly intelligent and was quick as a whip to come up funny off the wall stuff and to the point the teacher wouldn't even get mad, in fact he would laugh as much as the kids. Just looking at this guy you could tell he was strange duck. He would wear baggy pants which almost looked like bell bottoms and purple Doc Martins boots and his hair was shaved only on one side and the other half was long past his shoulders and most of the time he would wear a death metal shirt like A Cannibal Corps shirt. This kid hung out with everyone, he didn't have a clique he would set in. It was just whoever he would be most entertained by is who he would hang out with and after school one day he asked if I wanted to walk to Elgin's house which was another kid we went to school with and it was freezing being in the middle of December and being in the single digits so we walked for what seemed hours and we laughed so hard just talking about off the wall shit. For example we passed a drainage ditch and had a whole conversation about E.T the movie from the 80s and somehow associated it with the ditch. This guy was probably the funniest person I had ever met. But back to our story we got to Elgin's house and we hung out for a while. I still remember my walk home I could feel my feet and actually gotten frost bite on them, but after that point me and Tristan where inseparable.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. As I get older, I realize just how important these seemingly small connections can be. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete