Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I would say the most difficult point in my life I was 16 and my mom was having a whole gamble of health problems. The Dr she was seeing should have retired but continued to misdiagnose my moms unknown health problems for two years and refused to do anything to figure it out. And lucky but unluckily for her he was on vacation and another Dr was filling in and within a week she was in for surgery for a hysterectomy and before coming out of surgery the Dr came out with a rather grim look on his face and met with the family and said she had ovarian cancer and was given 5 years to live and with chemotherapy she might have more time but the prognosis wasn't good the cancer had already spread. An even at 16 all I could think was only if she would have seen this dr 2 years ago this might not have been as bad. So after my moms wakes from surgery she given the news of her condition and doesn't do well with the news but who would. So the family tried to keep a positive attitude and try and keep her in good spirits for the long road she had before her. After starting her chemotherapy she became very ill, couldn't keep food down, her skin became yellow, she could barely walk and came to the point she would go live with my aunt for help. With my father who worked out of town all week that left me at home by myself. At this point I already dropped out of school to Pursue my career at Steak N Shake and smoking pot, so not liking being by myself my friend Dave moved in. So for the next year me and Dave pretty much did whatever we wanted and for me it was a distraction for what was happening with my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment