Sunday, September 13, 2015

Knowing your audience

Reading everyone's responses I realize how many of the people in this class are very similar to me in there likes and dislikes. I think a lot of the questions are what you would expect people to ask like what would you do with a million dollars and if you could meet one person who would it be. These are questions I think this getting to know my audience assignment  makes me think that everyone is very similar in some ways. Everyone  has dreams of what their future might be like and I would like to write in a way that gives people hope. I really think people aren't born bad and that anyone might start life as one person and be someone completely different when you get older. I think in a world with such negativity it's important for people to have hope and I like the thought of reaching someone who is in turmoil. I also think my audience would like a good underdog story where the chips are down and the characters of the story come back and are successful in whatever they pursue and at the same time be entertained and to be able to relate to the character of a story. I really think as divided as this country is in this time people are fundamentally the same. We all grow and love and live and die. If you really want to get to know your audience and be able to not only grab but keep their attention you need to not only have an exciting topic you need to know about it. I mean I couldn't talk much about my wife's Mary Kay or her cooking and baking because these are not things I am really interested in. Now if you want to talk about cars I have a lot to say.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Remember to include evidence in analysis - offer examples that back up what you have concluded.~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete