Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It was 1987 and I was in 3rd grade and it was about half way through the school, I still remember this day like it was yesterday but there was a new kid who just moved an now was going to our school I still remember thinking to myself seeing this guy I figured that he must have worked for the office an had been a JR high kid, because he was as tall as the teacher was, to my surprise he was in my class, I remember it was cold out and we had an inside recess an I was playing with Legos an this big guy comes over and starts playing with me, at first I think I was going to get my ass kicked but after talking to him we both had the same likes and we became very good friend, we would spend the nights at each other's house almost every weekend. One day we found a roll sheet laying on the teachers desk and it had every kids name and phone number, an this was long before caller ID or anything else if at best you had a cordless phone with a giant metal antenna, so we went down the list and would crank call all the kids we didn't like and eventually we would walk to consumers market and dig out the entry's out of the prize entry boxes at the Coca-Cola displays to when a new car an call these people an tell them they won a new car an to claim there prize they would have to go to a nearby neighbors house,it was amazing how many people fell victim to this prank, I guess most of them had remembered felling out the entry form so didn't think about it being bullshit. It's kinda amazing not to many people can say they have best friends who they've had for 28 years and with anything there's been good and bad times, but we've always remanded loyal to each other and have always protected each other, an after this long it's more then a friendship it's a brotherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment