Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It was the beginning part of 1998 and things couldn't have been any worse they admitted my mother into the hospital, they said they didn't think she would make it through the night so they called the whole family to say there goodbyes. I prayed more then I ever had before. This went on for two weeks the Hosptial would say every day they didn't expect her to make it the night. My mom had a very strong will to live that I don't think they where counting on. After the two weeks in ICU she got better and was moved to a regular room and for the next week someone would stay with her overnight. I went back to work I was out of time off and that weekend my dad was exhausted so I told him I would stay with her at the hospital it was Friday night. I worked second shift but I got off at 10 and was up there by 10:30, when I got there she was sleeping so my dad left an I was watching tv in the recliner. I glanced over and my mom was smiling at me I hadn't seen her smile in months. I will never forget that. I didn't know but this would be last time I would get to spend with my mother. After a long Wednesday night of fighting with Stacey and her using your cancer ridden bitch phrase in regards to my mom I was sleeping on the couch and I get the phone call a couple hours after getting to sleep that she had died. So the next couple days we where making arrangements. While at my aunts house Stacey starts to pipe up about the stuff she was wanting of my mothers and I bluntly told her not to fucking worry about it. My uncle smiled patted me on the back and said stick to your guns boy. All the mean shit that had ever been said to me I could forget but the things that came out of her mouth I will never forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment