Monday, September 28, 2015

It was 1997 and life was an up hill battle. My marriage couldn't be any worse and I was spending my time on the couch when I was home and either at home or at the hospital. My mom was in and out of the hospital several times ether with complications or she would have to stay the weekend to get her injected chemotherapy that she would receive through a port they had put in her chest. Thanksgiving came and it was the worst one I ever had, we had it at my aunts house where my mom was staying and since the cancer had spread to her stomach she couldn't eat. So I spent most of my time visiting my mom but our visits where kinda one sided she had to have a tube put in her nose to drain bile out of her throat. So she wasn't  able to talk so she would listen to me ramble about her granddaughter and work and I had bought an old Camaro that I was working on. So when the family went to eat thanksgiving I wanted to dye inside thinking of my mom laying in the other room while the family ate and carried on. To this day I hate going in the room where my mom was. It wasn't long after this they brought hospice in and where trying to keep her comfortable. I have the upmost respect for my aunt and uncle who would help take care of her in there home no less. And my father who lived in a recliner for 3 years at her side. This part of my life I still have a hard time processing it was a lot of bad shit to happen at the age of 19. I  would sometimes get so stressed I would get hives all over my body and was on the verge of a breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment